You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I see a grey screen with “ phone” on left top corner

i cannot pick up a phone call. When phone rings I see a grey screen with a word “ phone” written on top left corner. I cannot go to pick up the call. there is no green button

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 7:01 AM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2021 9:01 AM in response to Swmr21

Hi Swmr21,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, you are seeing a grey screen on your iPhone when you receive a call and are unable to answer the call, is that correct? When the call is missed, does your iPhone go back to the home screen or is it frozen on a grey screen? Has your iPhone been restarted since noticing they issue?

If the device is frozen, try the steps listed here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

You'll also want to make sure your device is fully up to date ( latest version of iOS 14 is 14.4).

Also, are you able to make calls without an issue?

Let us know!

Why do I see a grey screen with “ phone” on left top corner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.