You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i update my macbook pro

Hello,i just want to ask how can i update my MacBook Pro .

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 11:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 2:49 PM

Hi markbauzon,

If you're looking to upgrade to macOS Big Sur or update to the latest version of it, you can do so via these steps:

1. If you're running macOS Mojave or earlier (Apple menu -> About This Mac), check if all of your important apps are compatible. 32-bit apps aren't supported in macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur. The macOS installer should let you know which apps are incompatible.
  2. Check System Preferences -> Software Update for an update. If Software Update doesn't appear in System Preferences, download macOS Big Sur from the Mac App Store.
  3. If you're not already running macOS Big Sur, back up your Mac with Time Machine before proceeding.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2021 2:49 PM in response to markbauzon

Hi markbauzon,

If you're looking to upgrade to macOS Big Sur or update to the latest version of it, you can do so via these steps:

1. If you're running macOS Mojave or earlier (Apple menu -> About This Mac), check if all of your important apps are compatible. 32-bit apps aren't supported in macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur. The macOS installer should let you know which apps are incompatible.
  2. Check System Preferences -> Software Update for an update. If Software Update doesn't appear in System Preferences, download macOS Big Sur from the Mac App Store.
  3. If you're not already running macOS Big Sur, back up your Mac with Time Machine before proceeding.

how can i update my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.