You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID Unlock

Hi.I have a problem with my Face ID unlocked.My iPhone was bought from Germany.I contacted with your service in Bulgaria to ask if there international warranty.They said there was one year.I sent my phone and they told me that my warranty was not valid because in the upper right corner there is a slight crack in the glass and one of the rear cameras too.To have a crack,but it is no to blame for the problem with Face ID unlock.The phone was purchased and its and would with this defect.Iknow very well that this is a software problem, because my previous phone (iPhone XS) had the same problem and that's why you replace it with new one.I know that even if I change the display with a new one the problem with my face remains.I want to do something about it.I do not intend to pay for things that are defect.Yes its my mistake that I did nit send it for repair before the glass broke, but I thought I would have to send it to Germany.You are the best on the market in the whole world.How you can you refuse of defective goods.Please do something for mine Face ID unlocked.the serial number on my phone is-C3****6Y8.The service is Creative Centre Bulgaria(Sofia).Expect adequately solved the problem.Thank you!!!!

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 3:16 PM

3 replies

Feb 2, 2021 3:33 PM in response to ralitsa80

Your warranty, if you still had one, would be valid in Bulgaria as the EU is treated as one country by Apple. But once the from glass and rear camera was cracked by accidental damage your warranty was void. As QTK already said accidental damage is not covered by the standard warranty so if you did not purchase AppleCare + you will have to pay for an out-of-warranty replacement of your iPhone.

If you think it is a software problem (it probably isn't especially if you have updated to iOS 14.4 and it still isn't working) then do a backup of your iPhone then connect it to your computer and in iTunes restore it as a new device (not from your backup). If after this you can set up Face ID and make it work then some app is interfering with it. If it does not then the drop that caused the cracks damaged the True Depth camera and it is now malfunctioning. Click on the Contact Support link in the top right to start the service process.

Face ID Unlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.