You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur 11.2 update magic mouse won't connect

Just updated to Big Sur 11.2 hoping this would solve the bluetooth issues with my magic mouse, and nothing.

Completely lost the mouse now, doesn't matter what fix I use.

Will connect if I am using a usb lead, but as soon as I disconnect the lead the mouse disappears on the system.

Bluetooth on, mouse connected via usb lead, mouse connected and charging, disconnect lead and no mouse found/not connected.

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 2:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 4:47 AM

How to Reset Your Mac's Bluetooth Module

1. Holding the Shift + Option (Alt) keys on your Mac's keyboard, click the Bluetoothsymbol in the top-right corner of the macOS menu bar. ... 
  2. Locate the revealed Debug submenu and hover your mouse cursor over it.
  3. Click Reset the Bluetooth module.
  4. Now, restart your Mac.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2021 4:47 AM in response to SteveForrest

How to Reset Your Mac's Bluetooth Module

1. Holding the Shift + Option (Alt) keys on your Mac's keyboard, click the Bluetoothsymbol in the top-right corner of the macOS menu bar. ... 
  2. Locate the revealed Debug submenu and hover your mouse cursor over it.
  3. Click Reset the Bluetooth module.
  4. Now, restart your Mac.

Feb 3, 2021 6:47 AM in response to SteveForrest

You CAN pair these two peripherals to multiple Macs. However, as you already know, they can't be connected at the same time to multiple Macs.

For example, I have the Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2. I turned off Bluetooth on a Mac Mini. I then paired the two devices to my Macbook Pro Retina using the Lightening cable. I disconnected the Lightening cable and Screen Shared to my Mac Mini, turned off Bluetooth on the Macbook Pro Retina and turned on Bluetooth on the Mac Mini. The two devices showed up immediately and I Connected each to the Mac Mini. Last, since I wanted to use the two devices with the Macbook Pro Retina, I turned on Bluetooth on the Retina, disconnected the two devices from the Mac Mini and reconnected them to the Retina. Both Macs have Bluetooth turned on and all I have to do is disconnect them from one Mac and connect them to the other to switch back and forth.

Big Sur 11.2 update magic mouse won't connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.