You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Battery 1% and not charging

Does anyone has MacBook Pro either 2016 or 2017 that not charging and showing battery 1%? It shows service recommended, and I went to apple support, they also said so. However, I've noticed that a lot of people with 13inch either 2016 or 2017 MacBook Pro have the same issue. Even though some of them have pretty good charging cycles, they still have the battery 1% not charging problem. I am guessing this is not a hardware problem but a software problem instead, especially for those who upgrade to Big Sur. Does anyone have the same problem and change the battery? Does it work for you and does the battery 1% not charging problem get resolved?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 8:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 1:43 PM

If you are having this issue Apple should replace your battery for free. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212163

1 reply

MacBook Pro Battery 1% and not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.