You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't load the Bootcamp interface on powering up my iMac

I have an iMac Retina 5K. It's bootcamped with Windows 10 and OS Catalina. I flipped it over to the Windows install to do some testing, and now I can't get into Bootcamp when starting the machine up again, to flip it back to OSX. It's like I'm not pressing the option key at all. Any help?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 6:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 6:57 PM

No, I didn't know there was such a thing. I ended up solving this myself by searching for boot, clicking on "Change advanced startup options", then on "Restart now", then on "Use a device", then on "Mac OS X". The Alt/Option key then worked. Half the reason I posted here is because I'm superstitious, and if I post asking for help I more often than not fix it by myself :)

I will look for Bootcamp Assistant under Windows next time. Thanks :)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2021 6:57 PM in response to dhruva1108

No, I didn't know there was such a thing. I ended up solving this myself by searching for boot, clicking on "Change advanced startup options", then on "Restart now", then on "Use a device", then on "Mac OS X". The Alt/Option key then worked. Half the reason I posted here is because I'm superstitious, and if I post asking for help I more often than not fix it by myself :)

I will look for Bootcamp Assistant under Windows next time. Thanks :)

Feb 3, 2021 7:05 PM in response to cvbk

you would usually find it in the left bottom of the taskbar... where there will be an up arrow and Bootcamp driver icon will be there... you can select that and find an option to restart in mac os...

if it has not been installed... you can go to the OSXRESERVED FOLDER and find it there and you can install it

if that is also missing... you can open Bootcamp in macOS... on the top... you will find Action... you can download the Windows support software from that... save it on a USB drive... boot in Windows... copy it and install it

I can't load the Bootcamp interface on powering up my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.