You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMovie isn't sharing because its saying the media is still referencing camera

my iMovie is not sharing because its saying the media is still referencing my camera.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 6:34 PM

The "still referencing the camera" message usually means that the import never was allowed to complete. Possibly you turned off the camera or unplugged, or maybe the camera battery ran out. Or possibly a loose cable connection or faulty cable. Check your cable and battery. Then try reimporting the clips and waiting longer for the import to complete.

If you re-import, you might not preserve the edits that you made on the original import. Not sure. You will need to try and see what happens.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2021 6:34 PM in response to Nairobi45

The "still referencing the camera" message usually means that the import never was allowed to complete. Possibly you turned off the camera or unplugged, or maybe the camera battery ran out. Or possibly a loose cable connection or faulty cable. Check your cable and battery. Then try reimporting the clips and waiting longer for the import to complete.

If you re-import, you might not preserve the edits that you made on the original import. Not sure. You will need to try and see what happens.

-- Rich

My iMovie isn't sharing because its saying the media is still referencing camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.