You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MP600 Drivers for BigSur??

Connected my old printer Canon Mp600 to Big Sur. It does recognise the printer being connected via USB but says that go to manufacturer website to download the drivers.

When I go to Canon website; they say that the drivers don't exist, the Mac OS should be able to recognise it.

Getting back and forth between the two..

Anyhow, can't get rid of the printer; its really good and got alot of ink to use with it as well.

Any help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 2:43 PM

The latest Mac system that there's a driver for is 10.13.6, High Sierra. You can try using the open-source Gutenprint print driver.  This webpage indicates that your model is supported:  Gutenprint Supported Printers.   However, use on Big Sur is questionable at this time. It's worth a shot however.

5 replies

Feb 4, 2021 2:44 PM in response to Jack-19

What I am doing is:

System Preferences>Printers and Scanners

+ > it shows MP600 there.

When I select it; just under Use. it says "software for this printer isn't available from Apple. Contact the printer manufacturer for the latest software".

It is asking me to choose the driver, in generic softwares; it is just showing HP, Epson and Zebra.

Canon MP600 Drivers for BigSur??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.