You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 7th gen keeps closing apps and browser, why?

My iPad 7th generation keeps closing game apps and safari browser. It was bought new 11 months ago and it started doing this a few months back. I deleted the coloring app, thinking it might be causing it, but it still was closing the browser. What possibly could be causing this?

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 8:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 11:07 AM

Then I am really ata loss to why this is happening.

You can try a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

See if that helps.

Good Luck!

3 replies

Feb 5, 2021 8:09 PM in response to MaggieIB

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space model of your iPad and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

How many active Website tabs do you leave open in a Web browser?

How many potential background running apps do you leave hanging in the background app switcher?

Feb 8, 2021 6:19 AM in response to MichelPM

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have been using the latest update for the iPad which is iOS 14.4

This iPad 7th gen has 128GB of internal data and I have only used 24.3GB of the total.

Usually I have 3 tabs open in the browser at one time.

There are only 3 apps that are running in the background.

I never leave anything open running on my iPad when I am finished using it, either for a few hours or finished for the day. All apps or folders are closed.

iPad 7th gen keeps closing apps and browser, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.