You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone keeps shutting off automatically , the battery indicator doesn't always indicate the right battery after it turns on

my iphone 7, that i have owned for about three weeks now, keeps shutting off automatically. this happened for the first time on sunday. after it switches back on, it doesn't seem to indicate the right battery. force restarting doesn't help. please give me a real solution, don't just link me to the apple support website; i have gone through everything. the battery health is 81%.

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 10:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 11:06 PM

Looks like you have checked everything. Your battery health is 81%. Apple recommends that you replace the battery at 80% Battery Health. Your battery is close to it and is more than like the cause of the battery performance. Your iPhone 7 may be new to you (3 weeks) however that model was probably produced 4 years ago. You may have purchased it second hand. Great chance that it still has the original battery.

Axel F.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2021 11:06 PM in response to taewlts

Looks like you have checked everything. Your battery health is 81%. Apple recommends that you replace the battery at 80% Battery Health. Your battery is close to it and is more than like the cause of the battery performance. Your iPhone 7 may be new to you (3 weeks) however that model was probably produced 4 years ago. You may have purchased it second hand. Great chance that it still has the original battery.

Axel F.

iphone keeps shutting off automatically , the battery indicator doesn't always indicate the right battery after it turns on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.