You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung 2667 DDR4 PC4 ram

Compatible in a 2020 iMac 2667mhz seeing if I get that if that is compatible with my new iMac 2667mhz DdR4 purchased this past August?

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 9:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 11:13 PM

If your iMac is a 2020 model (they came out at the beginning of August, however ALWAYS check About this Mac to verify the model year, this is located under the symbol in the upper left of the display.

Most experienced users on these forums recommend both Crucial.com or Macsales.com RAM. I have a 27" 2020 model and below is the OWC RAM I installed. Be careful if you have a 2020 model and look at which slots I have the RAM installed in and the speed. If you do not follow what I have you will not get the best speed.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 6, 2021 11:13 PM in response to Nick2891

If your iMac is a 2020 model (they came out at the beginning of August, however ALWAYS check About this Mac to verify the model year, this is located under the symbol in the upper left of the display.

Most experienced users on these forums recommend both Crucial.com or Macsales.com RAM. I have a 27" 2020 model and below is the OWC RAM I installed. Be careful if you have a 2020 model and look at which slots I have the RAM installed in and the speed. If you do not follow what I have you will not get the best speed.

Feb 7, 2021 10:37 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks; I used to have an article (can't find it any longer) where Apple showed the OEM installed in slots 1 + 3 in the vertical arrangement to "match"; in the even older ones, the match was horizontal. Throughout those slot arrangement changes, they never once adjusted the way the slots are displayed in the "about this mac", so it is difficult to figure out which pairs are matched.

Samsung 2667 DDR4 PC4 ram

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.