You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I transferred my data to my wife’s new iPhone by mistake. How do I start over?

I transferred my data to my wife’s new phone when setting it up. How do I start over?

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 6:43 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2021 11:10 AM in response to Ohsh-t

Hello,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you transferred your data to your wife's phone when setting it up by mistake and you want to know how to start over. We're happy to help!

First sign out of iCloud on your wife's phone so you won't run into any activation lock issues when starting over.

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

Next, erase all contents and settings so you can set the phone up again using your wife's information instead of yours.

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you and your wife are sharing an Apple ID all the information will get transferred again to her phone when you set it up again. You can create an Apple ID for your wife so that you don't share data.

How to create a new Apple ID

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

I transferred my data to my wife’s new iPhone by mistake. How do I start over?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.