You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam text issue ?

I received a text tonight that was spam, opened it (didn’t touch any links etc) I thought I slid it to delete and a dialog popped up saying would you like to report as spam with a report and a delete only button. Pressed delete button and then got worried it was some kind of spam as I’ve never seen it before. Bad move or normal ?

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 8:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 7:05 AM

"Report spam or junk in the Messages app" from Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support is the Apple explanation.

I have just blocked the number, and deleted, so I have never seen the "Report Junk" link. I'll look for that in the future.

3 replies

Feb 9, 2021 6:02 AM in response to Ferd II

I agree and understand but my question.....to ably not well stated is about the dialog box with the report and delete buttons........everything I read says to report click the blue link that says “report as spam”......never touched that, either swiped to delete or opened to delete (can’t remember replaying so many times in my head) but either when I swiped to delete or clicked delete this dialog popped up which I e never seen before and like a dummy I clicked “Just delete”

Spam text issue ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.