You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texting Not Working for a Group

My wife can text three of her friends individually, and receive texts from them as individuals. However, when she tries to send a group text to the same people, or is sent one from the group, it does not work. Any ideas on what to do to fix this?

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 8:23 AM

Nothing in that article helps. I called Apple Support and found the fix. We did a Reset on the phone, then did a "Hard" Restart -- which means tapping the up volume button, then tapping the down volume button, then holding the start button until the Apple appeared.

2 replies

Feb 9, 2021 11:53 AM in response to Joey C 2

Joey C 2 wrote:

My wife can text three of her friends individually, and receive texts from them as individuals. However, when she tries to send a group text to the same people, or is sent one from the group, it does not work. Any ideas on what to do to fix this?

start here If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support if that doesn't work contact the phone carrier and let them know.

Texting Not Working for a Group

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.