You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted contacts by accident

I accidentally deleted my contacts, and nothing is saved on iCloud. Some of my most recent contacts appear on my favorites and text messages but when I select them I do not have an option to add the contact. Is there any other way I can retrieve my contacts?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 1:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 1:25 PM

Please double check by reviewing and possibly following the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔ If you accidentally deleted your contacts from iCloud - Apple Support. See if that helps you out. You also stated that nothing is saved on iCloud. If you meant that contacts were not saved on iCloud to begin with then the above guide may not work. Do you have a backup created on a computer?

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2021 1:25 PM in response to SJTG

Please double check by reviewing and possibly following the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔ If you accidentally deleted your contacts from iCloud - Apple Support. See if that helps you out. You also stated that nothing is saved on iCloud. If you meant that contacts were not saved on iCloud to begin with then the above guide may not work. Do you have a backup created on a computer?

Axel F.

Deleted contacts by accident

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.