You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: forwarding a text to my email:

A response: You can't directly email from within the messaging app. If you tap and hold on a text you can then copy it, switch to the email app and "then PASTE" into an email" to send.

I tap & hold the text & tap COPY, but then, HOW does one "PASTE" into an iPhone? PLEASE ADVISE. Thanks, RR

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 9:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 9:35 AM

richard z. wrote:

A response: You can't directly email from within the messaging app.

You can directly forward a text to an email address from within the messages app. The only time this doesn't work as expected is if the email address is yours. Then the forwarded text will come right back to you. It's easiest to do if the email address is in your contacts.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2021 9:35 AM in response to richard z.

richard z. wrote:

A response: You can't directly email from within the messaging app.

You can directly forward a text to an email address from within the messages app. The only time this doesn't work as expected is if the email address is yours. Then the forwarded text will come right back to you. It's easiest to do if the email address is in your contacts.

Re: forwarding a text to my email:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.