You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked notes

I have been locked out of my notes for months now. It seems like it happened during one of the upgrade but why can’t Apple help like any other of my locked assets that I have forgotten my password. Any one else would help me, I made the mistake but can’t imagine this wasn’t seen as a possibility. Very disappointed I have a lot of passwords I had locked and because it worked so well for many years I forgot the password. My fault but there must be away to unlock my notes! Makes me nervous about other passwords protected by fingerprint.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 11:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 12:15 PM

No. There is no way to unlock them without the password. They are encrypted. Without the password, they are unreadable.

2 replies

Locked notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.