You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got software update notification macOS Big Sur

Will someone in IT/Systems see this post...I hope so?

I've been getting a software update notification from Apple saying "macOS Big Sur is available and will be installed later tonight"...it's been displaying this message for approximately 4 days now. I am concerned because I already have macOS Big Sur 11.2. Looking at the details of this update, it's Not an 11.3 version.

I don't think I should be getting this notification...please advise?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 2:51 PM

6 replies

Feb 12, 2021 4:14 PM in response to dialabrain

Can you give me a more clear explanation of what you mean by saying = "Have you closed the Notification"?

If you are trying to say = Did you install this new current notification of macOS Big Sur...

No, I have not installed this new current notification...my computer is set to do automatic updates from Apple but sometimes I have to force the install/update myself....this one, I am a little bit leary about installing because the details of this install doesn't note that it's a new version....my next version would be 11.3 (I have 11.2).

Got software update notification macOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.