You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to install 10.15...OS11 makes my MacBook run hot and the fan run at high speed.

Before you answer, Chrome is not installed, and I've allowed the computer to run for a few days so it could index or whatever. I've spent hours trying to figure it out and gave up.

I was able to wipe my drive and I found a way to install 10.13 and then upgrade to 10.14, but I need to upgrade to 10.15. Does anyone have that link?

BTW it is not on the app store, what is on the app store are 10.15 upgrades that require us to already have 10.15.0 installed (10.15.7 for example)and not 10.15.0.

Yes, it does exist I had the link and lost it.

I know one of you guys know more than I do and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks, in advance, for your time and your help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 9:59 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Feb 13, 2021 10:09 AM in response to spagester

Although macOS Big Sur should not make your computer use the Fan anymore than Catalina.

I would check your activity monitor to see how much RAM is being used.https://support.apple.com/guide/activity-monitor/welcome/mac

consider trying a test account to see if the issue persists therehttps://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/mac - if it does not happen in the test account, consider erasing your mac and reinstalling AFTER you have a backup preferably iCloud !:). (This is because you don’t want to backup the issue with time machine then put the issue back on the mac)

goodluck!

Feb 13, 2021 10:19 AM in response to corbin35

I did check the activity monitor, but can't recall what the issue was. spent a full day and a half going through articles and forums. I tried everything, sometimes things that didn't ring true, and nothing worked. I found I'm no the only one and that nobody had a good answer.

At this point, I'll wait till Apple fixes the issue, hopefully with 11.3. Thanks for the advice though.

Need to install 10.15...OS11 makes my MacBook run hot and the fan run at high speed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.