You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot update my ios to the latest version

I have a mid 2015 macbook pro and I do not get the option to update the IOS. I am stuck on high sierra 10.13.6. How do I update to the latest?

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 2:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 2:47 PM

You would probably have to sign in at the App store and look for it there..technically you can go up to Catalina and Big Sur... which would be the latest Mac OS released... please be aware though that Catalina and later ends support for 32- bit apps, all 32 bit apps- they will not run.. El Capitan should still be able to, though.. from there you could update to Catalina if you wanted to.... you can get El Capitan here:

( link to old installers in the app store... please use Safari for downloading...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

Good luck to you

john b

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 14, 2021 2:47 PM in response to bhmal

You would probably have to sign in at the App store and look for it there..technically you can go up to Catalina and Big Sur... which would be the latest Mac OS released... please be aware though that Catalina and later ends support for 32- bit apps, all 32 bit apps- they will not run.. El Capitan should still be able to, though.. from there you could update to Catalina if you wanted to.... you can get El Capitan here:

( link to old installers in the app store... please use Safari for downloading...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

Good luck to you

john b

Feb 14, 2021 4:46 PM in response to bhmal

bhmal Said:

"i cannot update my ios to the latest version: I have a mid 2015 macbook pro and I do not get the option to update the IOS. I am stuck on high sierra 10.13.6. How do I update to the latest?"

-------

Verify Compatibility:

See if your Mac is compatible past High Sierra. To do so, perform the following:

I. Reveal Mac's Model:

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: About this Mac
  3. View: third-line-down

lI. See if it is Compatible:

See if your Mac Model is Compatible past High Sierra. To do so, view Mac Hardware Requirements on these Sites:

III. Is your Model Listed?:

If it is not listed, it is incompatible past High Sierra.

Feb 14, 2021 4:02 PM in response to bhmal

Hi bhmal,

You can obtain a newer version of macOS from these sources:

• If you're looking to get macOS Big Sur (11.2): Search for it in the Mac App Store.
  • If you're looking to get macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or macOS Catalina 10.15.7: Use the link supplied by @Johnb-one.

Also, Johnb-one is correct regarding 32-bit app compatibility; they are no longer supported in macOS Catalina and macOS Big Sur.

i cannot update my ios to the latest version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.