You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two AppleIDs - since upgrade to 14.3 on iPhone, I'm afraid to exit out of selected AppleID as I get confusing message about data deletion

Since I upgraded my iPhone to 14.3 version, switching between AppleIDs seems to work very differently.

I was forced to have two AppleIDs, one for each country, I would have liked to only have one.

But it was no big deal to switch between the two on same iPhone.

Now, if I try to exit one of the AppleIDs, it gives me a conflicting message, and I don't have the courage to exit after all.

The message I get (translated from Italian) is:

Big letters: "Do you want to keep a copy of your data on iPhone?" My answer: Yes, I do.

Medium sized letters: "The data removed from the iPhone will still be available on iCloud." My thoughts: Hmm, I don't have iCloud activated, and I don't want to activate it.

It has a selection button: "Keep a copy of the data of: Keychain" which either is selected or unselected by choice. My thoughts: I don't understand what would happen if I select it, or what would happen if I didn't.

And finally, in really small letters: "All documents and data stored on iCloud Drive will be deleted from iPhone"

I really don't understand any of this...I'm afraid I'll loose data if I log out...

I have some apps purchased and available only through uk apple id

and I have some apps purchased and available only through italian apple id.

What exactly would happen if I exited the Italian apple id and logged into the uk apple id...

How does the new system work exactly? I'd like to know before I attempt it.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 7:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 5:34 AM

I posted the same question elsewhere here, and it has solution: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252458289

Similar questions

1 reply

Two AppleIDs - since upgrade to 14.3 on iPhone, I'm afraid to exit out of selected AppleID as I get confusing message about data deletion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.