You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac or EtreCheck safe applications to download?

I believe there may be some adware/malware installed on my Mac. I've explored apple support community to get an idea of what I should do. However, I read one discussion ("Effective defenses against malware and other threats") that warned against installing antivirus/anti-malware programs. However, I've read other discussions that suggested installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac or EtreCheck to check for and remove adware/malware.

Are those programs actually safe to install? If not, I should I go about resolving the issue?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 11:22 AM

6 replies

Feb 16, 2021 6:05 AM in response to Joseidon

It does take a while to learn a new system. This forum is a great resource for getting your questions answered. I'll leave you with another of my favorite John Galt tips on how to write a post that is most likely to get noticed and answered (not that there was anything wrong with this one!):

Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community

Is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac or EtreCheck safe applications to download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.