You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac burn music cd

I am using an iMac 27inch circa 2015 that was given to me by my grandson. After buying songs on itunes I wanted to put them on a cd for my car. Imagine my surprise when I noticed there was no slot where I could insert a blank cd! Could someone give me an idea as to how I could transfer my music to a cd? Am I making any sense? I don't have anyone nearby that can help me with this. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 11:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 1:06 PM

Hi Abe,

yes, even by 2015, CD drives were mostly not included in computers, and they are getting pretty scarce in cars too.

If you want to burn CDs with your iMac, you will need an external CD drive that connects to your computer by USB. An example is the Apple Superdive, which costs around $79.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2021 1:06 PM in response to abejjmoot

Hi Abe,

yes, even by 2015, CD drives were mostly not included in computers, and they are getting pretty scarce in cars too.

If you want to burn CDs with your iMac, you will need an external CD drive that connects to your computer by USB. An example is the Apple Superdive, which costs around $79.

Imac burn music cd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.