You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing Tiff files in photos on MacBook

I have a Mac ask pro running Catalina 10.15.7. When I view a variety of tiff files they have 72 DPI and have a pixel height of 104x158. When I view them in preview the image is small ( eg 1.5 x1inch ). When I import them into photos the photo is unclear and has pixels when viewed or in a slideshow. How do I get the photos to be clear when I view in photos as I want to include them a slideshow. I have an 13 inch MacBook pro. I’m not sure I I need to do something different when I import or I need to change to jpeg. No sure if issue when the photos was saved to the CD by the professional photographer. The cd indicated the tiff file is about 3 mb.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 5:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 11:09 PM

Hi

Yes, if your images are only 104x 158 pixels they are too small to show any quality. If you view them at a larger size, all you are doing is making the pixels bigger. You are not making more of them. They are (at best) thumbnail sized images.

Most camera images are between 2000 and 6000 pixels on a side. My Iphone for example produces images bigger than 3000x4000

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2021 11:09 PM in response to msreston

Hi

Yes, if your images are only 104x 158 pixels they are too small to show any quality. If you view them at a larger size, all you are doing is making the pixels bigger. You are not making more of them. They are (at best) thumbnail sized images.

Most camera images are between 2000 and 6000 pixels on a side. My Iphone for example produces images bigger than 3000x4000

Viewing Tiff files in photos on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.