You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud drive and iphone storage

hello everyone and thanks for the support.

i am migrating from google drive to icloud drive but i was wondering when i view on my iphone a file stored on icloud drive is a copy left on the device occupying space? I have many files on the cloud that I use frequently for work and if that were the case, the storage of the iphone would run out soon

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 6:28 AM

5 replies

Feb 16, 2021 8:08 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

maybe I am not able to clearly explain my problem: I work with about 1 terabyte of documents on my cloud ... sooner or later by dint of opening documents and presentations the 128g of my iphone 12 promax will run out if copies are copied locally . Does the iphone have a memory management mode whereby it deletes files locally and recovers them from the cloud when needed so as not to run out of internal space?

icloud drive and iphone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.