You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I backup my iPad in Dropbox?

Can I do a backup of my iPad on Dropbox?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 12:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 12:36 PM

No, it is designed to do it to iCloud or to a computer as a single backup package, not individual files the way you could when backing up a computer.

To learn "How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch" click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT203977

2 replies

Feb 16, 2021 2:59 PM in response to Gusade

If you wish, you CAN, in addition, backup yiur individual files within apps to any other ancilliary “cloud” data storage/backup services, like Google Drive/Docs/Photos, DropBox, BOX, Amazon cloud storage services and other similar data storage/backup services.

I backup lots of different individual files to Google Drive/Photos and DropBox, as well as Apple iCloud.

You just cannot do a complete, whole iOS device backup to these types of services.

You can have multiple backups of individual app file data, though, stored elsewhere.

Just to clarify things.

Can I backup my iPad in Dropbox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.