You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The email that I have been using to log into my apple id doesn’t work and it was never right

So my for my first applid has never been right. It’s a @hotmail.com when it’s supposed to be an @gmail.com. I had the password and just left it for many years now. I have never gotten an email from Apple or and receipt for any purchases etc etc etc over all it’s been pretty limiting. Apple never helps me and I recently found out I could add the email that is correct and start using that for a log in BUT. When I go to settings it still shows the @hotmail.com under my name. I also have 2 iPads that have been locked out and won’t work because of similar things. The people at the stores don’t help me and no one ever helps me on the phone. I feel Apple has stolen from me in the 1000s of dollars. Does anyone know how I can get the back receipts and have apple remove the wrong email from my Apple ID? It even screwed up my Apple Card application process so I am pretty bummed.

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 5:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 6:17 PM

Have you tried doing an Apple ID name change? Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply

The email that I have been using to log into my apple id doesn’t work and it was never right

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.