You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workouts on Apple Watch

I’ve noticed if I start a workout on the fitness app, it doesn’t show up in my minutes of exercise on my rings - does anyone know why this happens? It’s driving me mad as trying to keep up with fitness goals and challenges whilst in lockdown! :-(

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 5:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 7:55 AM

I hate to say this but it looks like you were not working hard enough for it to count as exercise.

Make sure that your information is up to date and correct in the Health app.

Age/sex/height/weight

The calculations are based on that.

For exercise you are supposed to get your heart into the 70-90% off your max heart rate.

Max heart rate is calculated as 220 -your age

For example say you are 50 years old, 220 -50 = 170

170 is your maximum heart rate

Your exercise range is 70 - 90% of that

So it is 119 to 153 bpm

This is the basic rule of exercise calculations.

It goes without saying that everyone is different so it is always advised to consult your medical professional for what they say is best for you instead of taking medical knowledge or advice off an internet forum.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2021 7:55 AM in response to megan-rose225

I hate to say this but it looks like you were not working hard enough for it to count as exercise.

Make sure that your information is up to date and correct in the Health app.

Age/sex/height/weight

The calculations are based on that.

For exercise you are supposed to get your heart into the 70-90% off your max heart rate.

Max heart rate is calculated as 220 -your age

For example say you are 50 years old, 220 -50 = 170

170 is your maximum heart rate

Your exercise range is 70 - 90% of that

So it is 119 to 153 bpm

This is the basic rule of exercise calculations.

It goes without saying that everyone is different so it is always advised to consult your medical professional for what they say is best for you instead of taking medical knowledge or advice off an internet forum.

Workouts on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.