You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari will not connect to internet on data (works on wifi)

What setting adjustments do I need to ensure Safari works via data?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 7:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 7:52 AM

Thanks for your prompt, thoughtful, and succinct response. I did have the primary "mobile data" setting on, but after scrolling down within the data setting I found all my apps listed with individual switches. And guess what -- the Safari app was inexplicably off (which is of course why it was the only one of my comms apps being data-inactive). Switching that on solved the problem. Thank you for nudging me to revisit the setting; I had no idea each app could be controlled independently for data. I hope this correspondence helps others with a similar conundrum.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2021 7:52 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thanks for your prompt, thoughtful, and succinct response. I did have the primary "mobile data" setting on, but after scrolling down within the data setting I found all my apps listed with individual switches. And guess what -- the Safari app was inexplicably off (which is of course why it was the only one of my comms apps being data-inactive). Switching that on solved the problem. Thank you for nudging me to revisit the setting; I had no idea each app could be controlled independently for data. I hope this correspondence helps others with a similar conundrum.

safari will not connect to internet on data (works on wifi)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.