You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone

if My Apple Watch is using gps & cellular, can I track it on find my iPhone ? Or would my iphone m have to be close by in order to do that?

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 3:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 3:31 PM

Yes you can track it with "Find My" without your iPhone nearby. This applies to both the GPS and GPS+Cellular models. For more info, see:

If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

"When you use Find My, your Apple Watch with GPS and cellular can use GPS and a trusted Wi-Fi or cellular connection to show you its approximate location. Apple Watch with GPS can use GPS and a trusted Wi-Fi connection. Since Apple Watch Series 1 doesn't have GPS, you'll see the location of your paired iPhone or its Wi-Fi connection."

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 18, 2021 3:31 PM in response to ionamardei97

Yes you can track it with "Find My" without your iPhone nearby. This applies to both the GPS and GPS+Cellular models. For more info, see:

If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

"When you use Find My, your Apple Watch with GPS and cellular can use GPS and a trusted Wi-Fi or cellular connection to show you its approximate location. Apple Watch with GPS can use GPS and a trusted Wi-Fi connection. Since Apple Watch Series 1 doesn't have GPS, you'll see the location of your paired iPhone or its Wi-Fi connection."

Find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.