You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV + Disney+ + Dolby Atmos - Not working

Hey all, anyone else having this issue? Dolby Atmos is not working on Disney+ via the Apple TV 4K. It has always worked fine for me, until today.

What's weird is Dolby Atmos works on Disney+ through my TVs WebOS, just not the Apple TV.

And Netflix and my Apple library plays Atmos through my Apple TV successfully. It's just an issue with Disney+.

I don't know what the problem could be on my end. The only thing I could think of is a bug in a Disney+ app update, but I'd suspect others should be experiencing this too.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 10:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 6:30 PM

I have the exact same issue and circumstances as the OP. In fact I came here as a result of trying to find an answer. I’m going to switch over to the Roku 4K for now as I think that will support it in Atmos until this is fixed in the ATV app.

9 replies

Feb 19, 2021 7:09 PM in response to iguy2000

Glad I’m not the only one! I spoke to Apple support and they weren’t much help (as it’s not really their issue). I also spoke with Disney+ and they were glad I brought it to their attention, but I think more people need to tell Disney+ they are having the same issue so they actually take it seriously and look into the bug.

Feb 20, 2021 1:59 AM in response to schabs48

Hi @schabs48,

I also have this problem, noticed on the 19th Feb. Running tvOS 14.4 and Disney + Ver 1.13.2.32484. Completely limited to the Disney + app. Programs and films listed as Atmos compatible (as usual) but I’m only getting a PCM 5.1 48khz audio stream. Have excluded internet connection as causative &, as you say, other apps and devices play Atmos as normal.

Not much info about this online right now. Twitter has a handful of similar posts. Could be related to an App update?

Hopefully can be resolved soon.

Apple TV + Disney+ + Dolby Atmos - Not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.