You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K with Homepod

With Apple TV 4K box, can I direct audio to my HomePod? Primary reason for getting the Apple TV is so that I can watch music videos from Apple Music.

HomePod, 14

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 5:41 AM

4 replies

Feb 20, 2021 7:05 AM in response to dennyup

Can you also use the Apple TV 4K box as a conduit to the TV, and stream from my iPhone? In other words, if I have content on my iPhone that I want to project to the TV and view it that way, can I use AirPlay to Apple TV & an HDMI cable?

Yes, that is how I use it with AirPlay.

My TV is Airplay Enabled (forget what Apple calls it)

Apple calls is AirPlay-enabled as well (AirPlay 2-enabled, to be precise).

but it doesn't work all that well and tends to freeze.

That may require some investigation of your home network, to optimize signal strength and minimize interference. AirPlay is not a peer-to-peer connection, but it goes via your router/access point.

Feb 20, 2021 6:44 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks. Can you also use the Apple TV 4K box as a conduit to the TV, and stream from my iPhone? In other words, if I have content on my iPhone that I want to project to the TV and view it that way, can I use AirPlay to Apple TV & an HDMI cable? My TV is Airplay Enabled (forget what Apple calls it) but it doesn't work all that well and tends to freeze.

Feb 20, 2021 7:14 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Home network is perfect -fiberoptic- and works extremely well with everything, but the TV itself (Samsung) has trouble maintaining its WiFi connection, which from what I've been reading, is typical of Samsung televisions. I frequently have to uninstall the wifi setup from the TV and reinstall it; it'll then run fine for a few days, but find that I have to repeat the process after that. With an HDMI from the Apple TV box to the TV itself, I think I can remedy that.

Apple TV 4K with Homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.