You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini do not recognize my voice?!!!

I have tried everything i could find on the internet to fix the issue.

Homepod mini still gives me the answer that has no idea who i am and suggests to go to homeapp to set my voice recognition which is already on !

I have tried to restart phone reset the homepod mini.

I have opened settings> name > icloud >siri is on .

Two codes verification is on.

From home app Recognition is on,personal requests is on, the personal request doesnt need verification it is on never.

I have all the latest updates in phone and homepod mini.

I took out my wife from the homeapp and i did everything from the beginning .

Still when i ask my phone who am i , i get a proper answer.

When i ask homepod mini who am i it has no idea and tells me to go to homeapp....

I am hugely disappointed , first time in my life something from apple doesnt work as it should out of the box and i have spend the last 4 hours trying to fix the problem....

Any suggestions please?

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 1:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 11:28 AM

Just made it work.

I was keep repeating the question who am i and as i said i was getting the same answer "i have no idea etc etc."

Then i saw in the Apple article "if siri still dont recognize you" that you can also say hey siri i am....

And it worked!!!! i just said my name, she asked me what i want to do. I said nothing and then i asked who am i and boom, i got the correct answer. Same thing happened with my wife as well.

So my suggestion to everyone that might have the same problem.

Try all the apple suggestions and at the end if not working you can just go introduce yourself!!!!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 22, 2021 11:28 AM in response to turingtest2

Just made it work.

I was keep repeating the question who am i and as i said i was getting the same answer "i have no idea etc etc."

Then i saw in the Apple article "if siri still dont recognize you" that you can also say hey siri i am....

And it worked!!!! i just said my name, she asked me what i want to do. I said nothing and then i asked who am i and boom, i got the correct answer. Same thing happened with my wife as well.

So my suggestion to everyone that might have the same problem.

Try all the apple suggestions and at the end if not working you can just go introduce yourself!!!!

Homepod mini do not recognize my voice?!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.