You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this a glitch in the upgrade"

Since upgrading BigSur to 11.2.1I have been getting message Photos cannot load adjustments for this photo. I never had this isue before the upgrade. It does not affect all photos just some of the 12,000 plus photos I have in my library.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 6:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 2:26 PM

Hi

That can happen if you library has become damaged, or if photos can't find your original files. Is your library stored on the internal system drive, or an external drive. If external, what is the format?

To you have "copy items to the library" checked in photos preferences?

Have you used any clean up, speed up, or duplicte deletion apps? If so which.

Do you use iCloud photos? If so, do you have optimise mac storage set?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2021 2:26 PM in response to billfromhauppauge

Hi

That can happen if you library has become damaged, or if photos can't find your original files. Is your library stored on the internal system drive, or an external drive. If external, what is the format?

To you have "copy items to the library" checked in photos preferences?

Have you used any clean up, speed up, or duplicte deletion apps? If so which.

Do you use iCloud photos? If so, do you have optimise mac storage set?

Feb 23, 2021 8:39 AM in response to billfromhauppauge

Hi billfromhauppauge,

We see that some of your photos are experiencing a error regarding loading adjustments. We'd like to see if we can help with getting that resolved.

Are you loading these affected photos from the same internal photo library as the others? Or are these photos from an external drive?

With issues where the photo library doesn't behave as expected, it can help to use the Photos Repair Library option. Details on doing that can be found here: How to use the Photos Repair Library on your Mac

We hope that helps out.

Take care!

Feb 23, 2021 11:59 AM in response to Jeff_W.

I have downloaded photos into my Library over the last 5 months from my NIKON D200 camera. They were entered into folders with the dates the photos were shot. I have made adjustments using the Photo edit adjustements within a day of each download. Successfully emailed every group of photos out over the same time period attaching them to a an email message. Yesterday 2/22/21, I attempted to export some photos to a folder on my MacBookPro HD. The photos produced and entered afte 12/12/20 exported with out issue to the selected folder. Any attempt tp export pictures to the desktop folders older then 12/12/20 (5 folders) came up with the warning "The operation couldn't be completed (Cocoa error -1. Sometimes Cocoa error-4). It could not export the photo in it's original state either.

Is this a glitch in the upgrade"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.