You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime camera goes green

As you can see, my IPhone 6s camera goes green when facetiming my friend, and then says that the camera is being used by another application. No other applications are running. Ideas?

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 6:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 7:04 PM

koen179 Said:

"Facetime camera goes green: As you can see, my IPhone 6s camera goes green when facetiming my friend, and then says that the camera is being used by another application. No other applications are running. Ideas?"

-------

Try Updating your iPhone:

Use a computer to update it.

Create a Different User:

Try creating and then another user (for temporary use) to perform the update, and see if it then connects.

To Update your iPhone:

Use a the iPhone itself or a computer (a Mac or a PC even) to Update it. There are two important steps: Backup first then Update.

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer. That way you can have something to restore you iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the update installation.

2. Then, Update Using Links:

Disable Cellular when updating on the iPhone (to avoid disconnection from Apple's Server)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2021 7:04 PM in response to koen179

koen179 Said:

"Facetime camera goes green: As you can see, my IPhone 6s camera goes green when facetiming my friend, and then says that the camera is being used by another application. No other applications are running. Ideas?"

-------

Try Updating your iPhone:

Use a computer to update it.

Create a Different User:

Try creating and then another user (for temporary use) to perform the update, and see if it then connects.

To Update your iPhone:

Use a the iPhone itself or a computer (a Mac or a PC even) to Update it. There are two important steps: Backup first then Update.

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer. That way you can have something to restore you iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the update installation.

2. Then, Update Using Links:

Disable Cellular when updating on the iPhone (to avoid disconnection from Apple's Server)

Facetime camera goes green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.