You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost my MacBook

please help me to find my MacBook Air I lost it win Lyft in I don't know to track my laptop

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 3:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 6:40 PM

Hi lhyn117,

If Find My Mac was enabled, you might be able to locate your Mac if the following are true:

• Your Mac is alive and powered on, and:
  • Your Mac is nearby another Apple device that has a network connection, or your Mac is currently connected to the Internet.

If Find My Mac wasn't enabled before you lost your Mac, unfortunately there is no other Apple service that can help you locate your Mac. Regardless of Find My Mac, if you believe your Mac was stolen, you should contact local law enforcement and file a police report that contains the following information:

• The year and model of your Mac
  • Your Mac's serial number
  • Any other relevant information

This article contains additional details on what to do: If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Best of luck in recovering your Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 22, 2021 6:40 PM in response to lhyn117

Hi lhyn117,

If Find My Mac was enabled, you might be able to locate your Mac if the following are true:

• Your Mac is alive and powered on, and:
  • Your Mac is nearby another Apple device that has a network connection, or your Mac is currently connected to the Internet.

If Find My Mac wasn't enabled before you lost your Mac, unfortunately there is no other Apple service that can help you locate your Mac. Regardless of Find My Mac, if you believe your Mac was stolen, you should contact local law enforcement and file a police report that contains the following information:

• The year and model of your Mac
  • Your Mac's serial number
  • Any other relevant information

This article contains additional details on what to do: If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Best of luck in recovering your Mac.

lost my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.