You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t have access to the trusted phone number

I have another Apple ID account that I know the password and username to but when I log in I’m asked to verify with two-factor authentication. I don’t have access to the trusted phone number so I pressed that I don’t have access but then it asks me for the phone number and I don’t even remember it. Is all lost? What can I do?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 12:53 AM

2 replies

Feb 23, 2021 3:09 AM in response to Dannysa

try to use Web:

Upgrade to two-factor authentication on the web

1. Go to appleid.apple.com, then sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Answer your security questions, then tap Continue.
  3. You'll see a prompt to upgrade your account security. Tap Continue.
  4. Click Upgrade Account Security. 
  5. Enter the phone number where you want to receive verification codes when you sign in. You can choose to receive the codes by text message or automated phone call.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Enter the verification code to verify your phone number and turn on two-factor authentication.

If you have an Apple ID that's not protected by two-factor authentication, some Apple web sites might ask you to update your account. 

full details here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

I don’t have access to the trusted phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.