You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with iCloud connection

Dear all,

I have an issue with my iCloud at the moment on my MacBook Air device. So I have forgotten the password of my old iCloud that is connected to my laptop at the moment... phone number is also old and I cannot even restore it.

Please, any advice or suggestion from the Apple community? Perhaps someone had the same issue and could help me?

Highly appreciate all the answers,

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 3:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 4:02 AM

At present in Mac system preferences > iCloud is new Apple ID address signed in , if you have forgotten the old account that was signed in the past in Mac .

It depends the account was set up with secondary authentication in which three answers for respective security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password , credit card details ( optional are added ) or was the account set up with two factor authentication .

Apple ID password reset is done when you have correct credentials that were added , see the article If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Note : you can use iforgot.apple.com link to reset the password from same Mac .

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2021 4:02 AM in response to ursule192

At present in Mac system preferences > iCloud is new Apple ID address signed in , if you have forgotten the old account that was signed in the past in Mac .

It depends the account was set up with secondary authentication in which three answers for respective security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password , credit card details ( optional are added ) or was the account set up with two factor authentication .

Apple ID password reset is done when you have correct credentials that were added , see the article If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Note : you can use iforgot.apple.com link to reset the password from same Mac .

Issues with iCloud connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.