You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m having trouble with group video FaceTime. I can add people but don’t see them. All I get is a circle with their initials and when they talk it is highlighted. I have the update version, good wifi, camera is on. Please help

I’m having trouble with group video FaceTime. I can add people but don’t see them. All I get is a circle with their initials and when they talk it is highlighted.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 5:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 12:21 PM

Alright,

You have a 2013 iPad Air 1st gen that cannot upgrade/update beyond iOS 12.5.1, currently.

The 2013 iPad Air 1st gen, iPad Mini 2 and 2014 iPad Mini 3 can ONLY do group FaceTime AUDIO calls ONLY.

No FaceTime video.

Sorry.

You want to have FaceTime audio AND videos calls, you need a new or “newer”, used iPad model that can run iPadOS 13 and later.

There are plenty of older, but newer iPad models capable of runnng iPadOS 14, currently.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2021 12:21 PM in response to tannis224

Alright,

You have a 2013 iPad Air 1st gen that cannot upgrade/update beyond iOS 12.5.1, currently.

The 2013 iPad Air 1st gen, iPad Mini 2 and 2014 iPad Mini 3 can ONLY do group FaceTime AUDIO calls ONLY.

No FaceTime video.

Sorry.

You want to have FaceTime audio AND videos calls, you need a new or “newer”, used iPad model that can run iPadOS 13 and later.

There are plenty of older, but newer iPad models capable of runnng iPadOS 14, currently.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

I’m having trouble with group video FaceTime. I can add people but don’t see them. All I get is a circle with their initials and when they talk it is highlighted. I have the update version, good wifi, camera is on. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.