You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google calendar not syncing with Mac

When I open the calendar app on my MacBook, the events from my Google Calendar do not appear as they normally do. Upon trying to refresh, I receive an error message that just says "The server responded with an error." I checked that my Google account is still connected to my Mac in Internet Accounts and that "Calendars" is selected under my Google account. How can I get my Google calendars to appear in the calendar app again?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 7:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 8:11 AM

My calendar is now working after I did the following.

Calendar > Preferences > Accounts > Google Account > Delegation > Select "show" for all boxes.

Not sure if this is what actually solved the problem, or just a coincidence, but it worked for me.

12 replies

Feb 25, 2021 3:40 PM in response to Bobjuniorisyourmom

Interestingly, each day at 15:30PST, my calendar stops syncing for the rest of the day, then when i get back to the computer in the morning, it's working again. As a geek, this makes no sense to me. Hmmmm.....

Side note, I've done all the possible solutions with preference / cache dumps and the delegation trick. Only seems to be band aid solutions.

d

Feb 25, 2021 10:41 PM in response to Bobjuniorisyourmom

Happening to me as well on a regular basis starting about 3 days ago. I haven't noticed it as a daily occurrence, but it's possible that I didn't notice it yesterday. When it first happened, I waited till morning, tried to refresh, still nothing, so I deleted and re-added the accounts. That worked. Two days later and they're all broken again. Since the Google Calendar is working across other apps, I can only posit that the Mac Calendar app has a broken integration with Google's API. I updated to 11.2.2 in the hopes of a fix, but no luck. Doesn't seem to be Big Sur related because I was on Catalina when this first appeared and updated to Big Sur in hopes that the Calendar app had some Big Sur related functional updates that would solve the problem. Nope. Come on Apple... hooking into a Google API is like the 3rd day of class in computer programming 101.

Mar 2, 2021 4:05 PM in response to Bobjuniorisyourmom

https://support.google.com/calendar/thread/98473879?hl=en#

I have yet to hear back from Google WorkSpace support's escalation regarding this issue.

--

FYI: I was first alerted to this issue with macOS Apple Calendar application error messages, and indeed, seeing the same error messages :

"Access to account “Google” is not permitted.

The server responded

“403”

to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation.

"

As I'm also an IT Consultant, with a paid for Google WorkSpace account, with support, I've registered this as a trouble ticket, and hope to have it escalated for resolution.

FYI: I was also able to reproduce this myself, directly, on 2 computers, with 2 different macOS versions, Mojave & Catalina (10.14 & 10.15), on BRAND NEW USER ACCOUNTS, created from scratch (ie: Thus, THERE IS ZERO CACHED DATA, nor account setup of any kind, so, it's all new), entered in my professional Google WorkSpace credentials, and the Apple Calendar application similarly fails to show ANY data at all, nor any error messages.

Hopefully Google WorkSpace support can escalate this issue, and get some attention on it, towards getting this issue resolved, as it appears to be a wide spread issue affecting many users on many different computers and various operating systems.

So, just to be clear, this is GOOGLE server side issues, and not client side, nor cache cleaning, none of which will work.

Thanks,

Daniel

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Google calendar not syncing with Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.