You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save or move photos to own folder on iPhone?

I am a new iPhone user and I would like to know if there is possibility to create my own folder directly in iPhone where can I move selected photos from the All photos (album? folder?)

Kindly thanks to all for any help.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 10:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 11:22 PM

Dear Axel.

Thank you very much for your reply but unfortunatelly it doesn´t work for me. When I just to do it all selected and moved photos are still in Main folder mean main Library or All photos album. I think that these are not folders as I know it and normaly use it on my old Android device, but just Albums whichs behavior is like a tag for photos. Am I right or no?

Based on my reply is there any reason to do it as I described?

Thanks a lot.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2021 11:22 PM in response to Axel Foley

Dear Axel.

Thank you very much for your reply but unfortunatelly it doesn´t work for me. When I just to do it all selected and moved photos are still in Main folder mean main Library or All photos album. I think that these are not folders as I know it and normaly use it on my old Android device, but just Albums whichs behavior is like a tag for photos. Am I right or no?

Based on my reply is there any reason to do it as I described?

Thanks a lot.

Feb 23, 2021 11:07 PM in response to Dave-i12

Currently, you can move your selected photos from one folder to the other. You can also create a NEW ALBUM to place selected photos in.

Open Photos ➔ Select Photo(s) ➔ Share (Bottom Left icon) ➔ Add to Album ➔ You will see a NEW ALBUM ➔ Tap on the label New Album and change the name ➔ Tap on the Album : This will move the selected photo(s) into that New Album.

Axel F.

Save or move photos to own folder on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.