You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

appletv@insideapple.apple.** Legit?

I have received an email from the above email address with an offer to Free Apple TV for one year but it says it’s due to my recent purchase for a device....I haven’t purchased any apple products since May 2020...

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 8:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 8:43 AM

While that address is in use by Apple, the From-address can be spoofed, so something else might be going on. It is good to be cautious. Try hovering over the links in the message, without clicking. See if that reveals a non-apple domain, which would be suspect.

It is odd to receive it without purchase, as the offer is for buying a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV box, or Mac. Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple. The offer would have to be redeemed on the new device within three months, so you wouldn’t be able to redeem without said new device.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2021 8:43 AM in response to PetMcG

While that address is in use by Apple, the From-address can be spoofed, so something else might be going on. It is good to be cautious. Try hovering over the links in the message, without clicking. See if that reveals a non-apple domain, which would be suspect.

It is odd to receive it without purchase, as the offer is for buying a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV box, or Mac. Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple. The offer would have to be redeemed on the new device within three months, so you wouldn’t be able to redeem without said new device.

appletv@insideapple.apple.** Legit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.