You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine not backing up my Mac

My Time Machine is not backing up my Mac. Everything was working fine till I noticed the last back was done on 2/18/21. Now it seems it can't find the the disc and when I select it nothing happens.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 10:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 12:11 PM

Hi plind70,

This might indicate the disk has failed, but we can try some steps first.

First, read Time Machine troubleshooting on Mac - Apple Support and If you can't back up or restore your Mac using Time Machine - Apple Support.

Like the articles says, try:

Also, does the disk appear in Disk Utility at all if you select "View" > "Show All Devices"?

Cheers,

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2021 12:11 PM in response to plind70

Hi plind70,

This might indicate the disk has failed, but we can try some steps first.

First, read Time Machine troubleshooting on Mac - Apple Support and If you can't back up or restore your Mac using Time Machine - Apple Support.

Like the articles says, try:

Also, does the disk appear in Disk Utility at all if you select "View" > "Show All Devices"?

Cheers,

Jack

Time Machine not backing up my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.