You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My disk isnt showing in recovery mode to reinstall

I erased my Mac, I wanted to reset it but I erased it on accident, regardless when I launched up recovery mode and clicked to reinstall max is Big Sur, there was no disc I could select to install the software on, I ran first aid in everything but it still didn’t work

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 9:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 10:23 AM

Hello KV2808,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your disk isn't appearing when you attempt to reinstall macOS. We'll be glad to assist.

Try restarting in recovery mode. Press and hold Command R keys immediately after pressing the power button. You'll see the utilities window. Select Disk Utility, and verify the volume appears. More information is here: How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility

Please repair or run First Aid on your drives to verify they're properly mounted.

Try installing again.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2021 10:23 AM in response to KV2808

Hello KV2808,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your disk isn't appearing when you attempt to reinstall macOS. We'll be glad to assist.

Try restarting in recovery mode. Press and hold Command R keys immediately after pressing the power button. You'll see the utilities window. Select Disk Utility, and verify the volume appears. More information is here: How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility

Please repair or run First Aid on your drives to verify they're properly mounted.

Try installing again.

Take care!

My disk isnt showing in recovery mode to reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.