You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the flashing question mark is not allowing computer to reset

im trying to reset to factory a mac pro with IOS Big Sur. I followed a tutorial to erase and reinstall the IOS but all I get is a flashing file with ? in middle. I trided to use the NVRAM option per apple support, but nothing. What can I do?

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 6:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 6:28 AM

The flashing question mark means it can't find anything to boot from. There is either an issue with the hard drive, or its been wiped and there's no operating system to boot from

Turn it off, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on while holding the Command (⌘) + R keys on your keyboard to boot into recovery to re-install the OS.

About macOS Recovery on Intel-based Mac computers - Apple Support

If your Mac starts up to a question mark - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2021 6:28 AM in response to ligia19

The flashing question mark means it can't find anything to boot from. There is either an issue with the hard drive, or its been wiped and there's no operating system to boot from

Turn it off, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on while holding the Command (⌘) + R keys on your keyboard to boot into recovery to re-install the OS.

About macOS Recovery on Intel-based Mac computers - Apple Support

If your Mac starts up to a question mark - Apple Support

the flashing question mark is not allowing computer to reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.