You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download ios applications on M1 mac

I was able to download and run some iOS applications on my 13 inch M1 MacBook Pro about a week ago. Today, I tried downloading some iOS apps on my device, but after I press the GET and INSTALL button, it changes to a cloud icon and the downloading process does not even begin. I can download and run mac apps just fine, it's just the iOS apps that are reluctant to begin the downloading process.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 6:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 7:43 PM

I also have this problem. The most frustrating part is that only iOS apps have the cloud icon and Mac apps work and download just fine. I tried what people did and force quit appstoreagent from the activity moniter but it didn't fix my problem...

9 replies

Feb 26, 2021 9:39 PM in response to BadDahal

I figured out how to get it to work. You have to create a new user account (name it something different from your main account) make it an administrator user and then try to download the apps from that new user account and it should work once you download an app from that new user account you can go back to your main user account and see if the apps you downloaded from the new user account are there if they are try to download some iOS compatible apps from your main user account if it works you can delete the test user account and you should be good.

Cannot download ios applications on M1 mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.