You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update Microsoft Remote Desktop

For the last several days, App Store says there is an update to MRD - but the display goes to "Pending" and leaves me with an endlessly circling throbber. I have rebooted, and restarted many times. Most recently, I used Launchpad to remove MRD, but the pending update still shows, and the symptoms remain the same. This is on a modern Intel 13 inch Macbook Pro, running Mojave. Thanks. (Although my older Macbook Air shows below this message - the newer machine did not show up among the list of my machines; and now I don't know how to change it)

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 11:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 2:34 PM

Okay; is evidently not specific to MRD, but may be true for all App Store updates - had to force quit appstoreagent in Activity Monitor - then the download works...

Similar questions

1 reply

Unable to update Microsoft Remote Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.