You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New ipad

I bought a new iPad for my mother. My kids set it up for her and used my Apple ID. Is there a way to change the Apple ID?

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 3:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 3:09 PM

You would be best advised to start again - this time using the correct AppleID.

The easiest way to start with a “clean-slate”, that completely avoids unintended sharing of credentials or sensitive information, is to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2021 3:09 PM in response to Amytimm71

You would be best advised to start again - this time using the correct AppleID.

The easiest way to start with a “clean-slate”, that completely avoids unintended sharing of credentials or sensitive information, is to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Feb 25, 2021 5:52 PM in response to Amytimm71

If it's new and nothing is on it yet, you can just reset it and start again.

Go into the SETTINGS........then General.........then scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says RESET.

Once you get in there, you can choose to ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS.

The next things that will happen will be the screen going dark while it erases everything, then it will come back on and ask how you want to proceed and whether you want to set it up as a new ipad. At that point it will just take you through the steps and then ask to enter an Apple ID to start the setup and just use your mother's Apple ID.

Of course your mother will need an Apple ID to get started. Good Luck!

New ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.