You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12pmax HD60 video not playing back on Mac iphoto.

iphone 12pmax HD60 video not playing back on Mac iphoto. Why not? Says video format not supported.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 8:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 10:16 AM

I suppose you mean Photos. iPhoto has been replaced by Photos years ago.

You need to tell us specifically the video settings, and also how you are importing your videos to your mac.

Try opening one those videos with Quicktime Player. Does it play?

Press command-I and twirl open the video settings. Post a screenshot.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 1, 2021 10:16 AM in response to Sailor666666

I suppose you mean Photos. iPhoto has been replaced by Photos years ago.

You need to tell us specifically the video settings, and also how you are importing your videos to your mac.

Try opening one those videos with Quicktime Player. Does it play?

Press command-I and twirl open the video settings. Post a screenshot.

Mar 1, 2021 8:29 AM in response to Sailor666666

Hi Sailor666666,

You've let us know that when using iPhoto, you're unable to open specific videos due to a 'Format not supported' error.

Can you tell us which version of macOS we're working with? Are you using iCloud or transferring your videos by connecting your iPhone to your Mac? Is this happening with all videos? Last question, is this happening with the same video in other apps like iMovie, QuickTime, etc?

We look forward to hearing back with these details!

iphone 12pmax HD60 video not playing back on Mac iphoto.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.