You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I block a certificate that was somehow accepted?

I keep getting a pop up notification about a certificate that I do not recognize over and over again.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:59 PM

That's usually associated with Wi-Fi captive portal.

If you're not on a network you need to connect to, you'll want to "forget" that Wi-Fi network, and not use it again.

If you're not trying to connect directly to a Wi-Fi network with a captive portal, are you using a VPN or similar, or are there any add-on "security" tools? (Your iPhone doesn't indicate a VPN is active, though.)

Any add-on network or content filtering tools present on the network you're connecting to such as parental controls, nanny filters, content filters, content loggers, or maybe is this a guest network?

If you are supposed to be connecting to that captive portal as part of your role within your organization and the organization's network, have a direct chat with the folks maintaining it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2021 4:59 PM in response to Ginay21

That's usually associated with Wi-Fi captive portal.

If you're not on a network you need to connect to, you'll want to "forget" that Wi-Fi network, and not use it again.

If you're not trying to connect directly to a Wi-Fi network with a captive portal, are you using a VPN or similar, or are there any add-on "security" tools? (Your iPhone doesn't indicate a VPN is active, though.)

Any add-on network or content filtering tools present on the network you're connecting to such as parental controls, nanny filters, content filters, content loggers, or maybe is this a guest network?

If you are supposed to be connecting to that captive portal as part of your role within your organization and the organization's network, have a direct chat with the folks maintaining it.

How do I block a certificate that was somehow accepted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.